Many of us have made the mistake of waiting until we were in agonizing pain to visit the dentist. Don’t be that person, make a habit out of visiting your dentist at least twice a year.
Your oral health is very important, and it should always make your “to do” list.
Schedule an Appointment Today
In order to prevent tooth decay, periodontal disease, oral cancer, and more, you should make sure to schedule regular professional examinations and cleanings to maintain your oral health. Doing so will enable your dentist to catch the signs of oral illness early.
Reasons We Avoid Going
According to the HDI Institute, the main reasons we avoid going to the dentist are the cost, not “needing” to, time, and anxiety. If we allow these concerns to get in the way of our oral care, more serious issues can develop.
When Should I See the Dentist?
The American Dental Association (ADA) advises that we visit the dentist twice a year for dental cleanings and examinations. If you are experiencing any of the following concerns you should make an additional appointment.
- Bloody, swollen, or red gums
- Stiff or painful jaw
- Dryness of mouth
- Sores in mouth that aren’t going away
- Pain in mouth, face, or teeth
- Recent dental work such as fillings, crowns, implants, or root canals
- Pain with eating or drinking
- Smoking cigarettes or the use of other tobacco products
- Injury to the mouth, face, or teeth
- Questions or concerns about oral health
If you have any questions or concerns, contact our periodontics office in Naperville, IL today to schedule a consultation.